Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Mad Hatter.....

My daughter's boss throws a big Halloween Party every year so she asked if I could please make her a Mad Hatter Costume.  I have the hat done finally.  I didn't take any pictures of the process though and by the time I thought of taking pictures I was close to being done and was working on the brim of the hat. 

Honestly, I amazed myself, as I've never done anything like this before.  It's truly amazing what you can do with some cardboard, fabric, lace curtain, beads, wire, spray paint, and a lot of time LOLOL  What you see is a mirror image as I took photos of me wearing it in the mirror.  So everything you see is actually on the other side of the hat in reality so it's on the same side as Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter Hat in Alice in Wonderland.  I'll take more pictures as I get work done on the rest of the costume :o)

I'm thinking of making more hats next year to sell in my Etsy store, including another Mad Hatter Hat or two ;o)

No comments: