Sunday, February 21, 2010

Holy Cannoly..................

I just realized it's been awhile since I posted.......  do I have an excuse?  Not very likely besides constantly letting myself get side tracked.  I almost have Heather's room set up the way I want.  I actually thought I did until I realized that the main items I wanted in there............the sewing machine and embroidery machine.................well, I totally forgot to put them in there.  I was too involved with creating my own "fake rock" background wall for my Gecko tank.  A few progress shots and the finished product.  I think they're quite happy with it as they're having fun crawling through all the little crevices and ledges.  During the day they hang out in the cave on the left.


Then once that was all done and over with, my loom arrived.  I really lucked out on getting it.  Two of my online knitting friends (Wilma and Mona) have acquired some very nice looms and have been creating some wonderful scarves and bags.  So the curiosity was intriguing since I did learn how to weave way back when in like 3rd grade or something but haven't done anything after that.  So went on Ebay and searched for some looms.  By chance I oopsed and made a typo which later was to my advantage because I found a 1957 Spear's Weaving Loom which I won for under $30.  I was just tickled pink (strange saying, isn't it? LOL)  So it arrived and I had to play with it too.............naturally.  So here's a few shots of it.............just warped about 2/3rd of it to play around and try it out.  It was quick and it's wonky but I don't care LOL..............

 

I did sit tonight for just a little bit and worked some more on it.  It's not real great for the back :(
And for those of you who like seeing pictures of Buddy................he's growing nicely and being spoiled as can be...............


 

Ok, til my next post..................behave, have a great time............enjoy life!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Susan, Charles from tundragragons.com, had no idea you were so talented! :-) your little dragon is Very cute. he looks a lot like the one sitting on my shoulder. :-)